Jamberry Nails is a unique nail wrap company that offers over 300 nail art designs for all ages (they even have a Jamberry Juniors line with youthful nail art). I love the story of how Jamberry Nails originated – three sisters who all have distinct tastes and personalities created the company from a desire to get professional looking nails at home without having to go to the salon. Perhaps being one of three girls myself, I already had a soft spot for the company and was looking forward to learning more about Jamberry Nails.
The DIY at-home process of applying the nail wraps is simple. All you need is:
- a set of nail wraps (one regular sheet includes 18 Jamberry nail wraps)
- an orangewood stick
- a regular nail file
- a hairdryer (these wraps bond with heat)
Each sheet of nail wraps includes enough for a full manicure and Pedicure. I chose to try the Venus design, because I wanted to try something that I would have a hard time doing by hand (getting the exact spacing correct for stripes is a challenge).
Each wrap can be cut in half and used for two nails.
I’ve never used heat on nail wraps before and I have to admit, that putting the dryer against these wraps is amazing! Not only do they help bond the wraps to your nail, but applying heat also helps smooth out all the bubbles (the #1 problem that I have with nail wraps).
After I applied the left hand, I had a few air bubbles as you can see in the picture below, but by the time I got to my right hand, I had the process down perfectly and had a perfect manicure.
These wraps would be ideal for people who:
- don’t have time to do their nails (applying a full set took me only 20 mins)
- want the look of complicated nail art but don’t have the skill
- are going on holiday and want to try something different (these are supposed to last more than a week without chipping)
- want a unique accent nail
- have short nails and are trying to grow them
- A few if nails are a funny width so I had a hard time finding a wrap to cover the full side edge of some of my nails
- if you don’t apply heat properly, you will get unwanted air bubbles
- the price is a little steep at $15 US/$17 CND, however for the longevity, look and usefulness I definitely think it would be ideal to have a few sets in your collection
Where to Purchase?
Jamberry Nails is an online company. You can purchase your own set HERE.
Until next time,
Disclosure: Products in this post were provided for my consideration. All opinions are my own. For more information, please see my disclosure policy.