Recently I came across the most fantastic pink nail polish – Color Club Sweet Getaway from their pre-spring collection. Similar to China Glaze flip, flop fantasy in it’s AMAZINGNESS, Sweet Getaway is a little difficult to photograph it’s true intensity and bright pink neon tone.
One of the coolest things about this new Color Club pre spring 2015 collection? The nail polishes are scented when dry! This particular colour actually smells like roses. Who would have thought that now you don’t even need to leave your house to stop to smell the roses? (lame joke I know). Even after I applied topcoat, I could still smell the roses scent. The other fantastic thing about this pink hue is that it doesn’t require a white base coat, like so many neon or bright polishes do, for it to pop!
Scratch Nail Wraps Tutorial
I’ve showed you Scratch Nail Wraps before, but today I’m showing you a different, less traditional way of wearing these nail wraps to achieve a fun and unique nail art look.
The steps are really easy:
- Select a contrasting nail wrap to your polish (I chose the Panda scratch nail wraps)
- Get your tools ready: exacto knife, ruler and orangewood stick
- Tear off one nail wrap.
- Use your exacto knife and ruler to make different triangular shape
- This step is a little finicky – but dampen your orangewood stick and peel away the non sticky part of the nail wrap (I find when it’s damp the pieces pull apart more easily)
- Apply the triangular shape to your nail
- Apply top coat!
I really love the contrast between the bright pink of Sweet Getaway and the abstract black and white pattern of the Scratch Nail Wraps.
Until next time,
See what others have done for the #naillinkup prompt: HOT PINK