If you read my Newborn Essentials post, you’ll know that a LILLEbaby carrier was on my list. I’ve now had 8 weeks to really get to know the carrier and test it out with Ellie, so I wanted to give you my full review.
I currently use 2 baby carriers:
- A structured carrier – Lillebaby Complete All Seasons
- A wrap – Lillebaby Tie The Knot Wrap
LILLEbaby Complete All Seasons
- Promotes bonding, baby feels safe being close to you
- Can soothe baby when nothing else works because baby is close to you
- Can help babies nap because they love the motion and being close to you
- You can take your baby out for a walk and not have to deal with lugging out your stroller
- Allows access to your hands to get things done around the house
- Can ease a toddler’s tired legs
With all these benefits in mind, I knew I wanted a great carrier. Since I have a really bad back, I wanted something with as much back support as possible. The LILLEbaby Complete is known for its fantastic lumbar support which made the decision easy.
This carrier SAVED MY LIFE with the freezing cold winter we’re having in Toronto at the moment, ! Since I have a dog that I have to take for daily walks, I didn’t have the option of leaving my baby girl at home. I didn’t want to put her in the stroller, because it’s hard to navigate in the snow and I wanted to make sure she was as warm as possible since the temperature this winter has reached record lows.
I also love being able to have my hands free to get things done around the house when Ellie is being fussy. Sometimes the only way to eat is to have Ellie in the carrier (no joke!). She likes movement so much I have to walk and eat at the same time! Apparently motherhood is all about multi-tasking!
Benefits of the LILLEbaby Complete:
- light-weight carrier
- 6 carrying positions: Front: fetal, infant, outward, and toddler; Hip carry; and Back carry
- lumbar support
- Suitable for newborns to todders without an additional insert (7 lbs to 45 lbs)
- 2-way adjustable shoulder straps to carry with “X” straps or “backpack style”
- extra head, neck and back support for baby
This carrier is so easy to use and it’s so comfortable that I barely notice I’m wearing her. I’m so excited to use it as Ellie grows so I can try her in different positions. Another super unique fact about the LILLEbaby Complete is that it comes in so many different fun patters and colours. You know me, I would typically go for the embossed luxe design but since my husband wears it too, I went for the classic charcoal with silver.
LILLEbaby Tie The Knot Wrap
I find a wrap is a great secondary carrier for wearing around the house, or bringing with me to friends’ houses. It took me a couple of times to master how to put it on at first but once I figured it out I was in love!
I use the LILLEbaby Tie The Knot Wrap to calm Ellie when she needs soothing and it’s also one of the best ways I can get some stuff done around the house (she’s in the wrap now as I write this). I’ve also taken her to mommy and me movies with her in the wrap. It’s really awesome.
Wraps are great because they’re light and will fit a variety of body types. This particular wrap has a few unique features including pockets at the end of the fabric to store extra length and an integrated neck support pocket to support the baby’s neck. My favourite part about this wrap is the organic fibers in the breathable fabric – it’s so soft that I often use it as a blanket.
Shop This Post
Although I received products compliments of LILLEbaby, all opinions are my own