Today’s prompt is: Lavender.
What lavender means to me:
- a warm bath filled with Lavender essential oils
- an aroma therapy massage with the scent of lavender candles helping me fall asleep
- the beautiful endless purple lavender fields in the Eastern Townships in Quebec that I dream of when I start to feel stressed.
How do I turn these thoughts into nail art? After thinking of all sorts of lavender colored designs, I realised that this did not translate my feelings of relaxation and calm when I think of lavender. The only way to exhibit what lavender means to me is to pay credit to the lavender flower itself, so this was my nail art plan – true lavender nails.
The other day I received some INCREDIBLE nailmail from Bonita Colors.
I couldn’t wait to dig in and play with my new polishes so I chose five of the polishes they sent me to create my Lavender nails.
- Royal Highness (from their recent spring collection) pictured here on my index and pinky and used for the lavender flowers
- Tickle my Pickle (a shimmery green used on the stems)
- You Mint A Lot To Me (used for the stems)
- Purple Shuffle (A purple line glitter used on top)
I’m really happy with my lavender nails. No stress for me today!
Disclosure: Products in this post were provided for my consideration. All opinions are my own. For more information, please see my disclosure policy.