Happy Sunday! It was my first week back to work after a quiet Christmas break and for some reason the week was a long one. I don’t know about you, but after I’ve had a little bit of a break I find it so difficult to get back into the swing of things. I’m trying to get into a routine with everything I do so that things don’t seem so daunting or challenging but January is definitely a tough one.
Today I’m playing with some pretty cool multi coloured foil that I got from Born Pretty Store to create some foil nail art. Foil nail art is so easy to create and perfect if you’re feeling lazy or have limited time to create dramatic looking nails. I’ve used gold and silver foil for some foil nail art before (you may remember this gold foil accent nail I created with race red in the OPI Mustang collection review), but I’ve never used multi coloured foil so I was excited to see how it turned out.
Don’t these nails look so amazing and bright? I didn’t alter this image at all – it’s that bright just through the lens of my Canon 5D!
So how did I apply the nail foil? Simple.
1. Polish a base color that compliments the foil itself (I chose to use LVX Viridian)
2. Wait for the polish to completely dry and apply foil glue (I use one that came in a kit I bought ages ago, but I’m sure that any nail glue or white glue would work)
3. Wait for the glue to dry and become clear
4. Apply the foil on the nail (cut a small piece off the roll it comes on) and press the non-coloured side to your nail
5. Pull the foil off quickly
6. Apply top coat and voila!
I had some fun 3D nail studs lying around that I purchased a while ago from Claire’s accessories, so I added this to my index finger to complete the design.
I’m pretty happy about this. What do you think? Have you tried foil nail art before?
If you haven’t tried foil nail art before, Born Pretty Store has a massive selection and they ship directly to your house. Use code SAYG10 to get 10% off your purchase.
Until next time,